Spicy Flavorful Curry Chicken made from your electric pressure cooker!
(A hassle free recipe for curry chicken that is flavorful, and cooks in minutes!)
- 4 pieces of boneless chicken breasts; or thighs
- 1tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic from clove
- 2 tsp. Garam Masala powder
- 1 or 2 small to medium sized chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 2-3 teaspoons of fine red pepper (optional for added heat)
- Cilantro leaves for garnishing (optional)
- Cornstarch or flour (Have at least a cup of either on hand)
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl (everything except for the onions, tomatoes and cilantro) then smear all over the chicken. Cover and keep in refrigerator overnight, which will seal in the moisture and make it tender, while locking in the flavors!
- After the chicken has marinated, you may then cut up your fresh onion, garlic, and tomatoes, while heating fresh oil (2-4 tbsp or as needed to saturate the bottom of your pressure cooker) and set on Saute setting.
- Add onion and saute until they are soft but not golden/browned.
- Add fresh garlic, and additional Garam masala mixture (if desired), as well as extra cinnamon and red pepper “to taste”, and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes last, and let them cook down until they are soft, along with the previous spices. This will enhance the spice’s flavors!
- Finally add chicken pieces and saute for a minute, along with 1/2 cup of water if needed to water down your sauce (if it is too thick) and salt to taste.
- *Tip to Chef* To thicken your sauce simply add a teaspoon or two of flour or cornstarch (Add water to thin out your curry sauce).
- Now place your lid on top of your cooker, and cook chicken slowly on low setting for about 10-15 minutes. If using boneless chicken you can cook in about 8 minutes.
- Plate, Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with Jasmine rice cooked from a rice cooker.